Did you know that as a UNM student you are entitled to study abroad as part of your academic career? Think it might be out of your reach? Well, it’s not! Every year, about 700 UNM students study abroad for varying lengths of time and in many different countries across the globe! AND many of them use their financial aid to do it! With over 200 programs, GEO is devoted to helping YOU find your best-fit program.
GEO has walk-in hours every Monday through Friday from 1pm to 3pm, Mesa Vista Hall 2120, where you can just come by and speak with an advisor about your plans! Don’t have time for that? Email your questions! firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also visit GEO in website to learn about some of the possibilities!
The following are some of the UNM resources available for study abroad.
- Regents International Study Grant
- UNM Ambassadors – The Pack Blog Abroad Scholarship
- International Study Institute Scholarships
- UNM Benjamin Sacks Endowment Fund (For Great Britain, Ireland, continental Europe or Africa)
- Joseph C. Gallagher Scholarship for Study in Ireland
- Spanish and Portuguese Department Scholarships
- UNM Scholarship Search
- LAII Funding
- Graduate Resource Center Funding
- Frank O. Sadie M. Lane Scholarship for Females Studying Science
- Gilman Scholarship – For Students that have received a Pell Grant in their college career
- Boren Scholarship and Fellowship – For Students wishing to study a critical language
- GRIT Scholarship
- Fund for Education Abroad
- Foreign Language and Area Studies Fellowships Program
If you would like more information, please visit the links below.