El Centro Resources
staff directly or at (505) 277-5020 or send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Helpful tips when Applying to UNM:
- Please be sure to check “I do not have a SSN” on the UNM application if you do not have one, do not try to use an Individual Taxpayer Identification Number (ITIN) or false SSN.
- If you are a recipient of Deferred Action for Chilldhood Arrivals (DACA) you may use your Social Security Number (SSN) but you may receive a request for a copy of your SSN and Employed Authorization Document (EAD).
- Program Specialists at El Centro will help students who are applying to UNM in completing required documents, for example: writing a letter explaining your status to UNM in case you have included incorrect information or did not include a SSN in the application.
- For more information about UNM admission call (505) 277-8900 to speak to them directly.
- Undocumented/DACA students who qualify for NM Senate Bill 582 (2005) can fill out a State Aid Application at UNM.
- The State Aid Application can also provide Work Study awards for DACA Recipients and students with Employment Authorization.
- Need help filling out the State Aid Application? Connect with our Program Specialist for assistance.
- Program Specialists can help review your scholarship applications.
- Scholarships offered by El Centro can be found HERE
- Scholarships offered by UNM can be found HERE
- Scholarship A-Z
- Check out the latest scholarships available to undocumented and DACA students
- Learn how to write scholarship essays from their resources page.